Kari Kambing is an aromatic Malaysian lamb curry.
1. Using a mortar & pestle or blender, grind onion, garlic and ginger into a paste.
2. In a small bowl, combine meat curry powder and chilli powder, add a few tbsp of water and mix into a thick paste.
3. In a wok or pot, heat oil on high, add ground paste, stir-fry until quite translucent.
4. Add curry paste and reduce heat. Stir-fry until oil starts to ooze from paste.
5. Add lamb, bring heat up to med-high and coat lamb well with curry paste.
6. Add coconut milk, season with salt, stir well.
7. Gradually bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally.
8. Add potatoes, simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked and chicken is tender.
9. Turn off the heat, skim off excess oil on surface.
10. Serve with bread or steamed rice.